Discuss Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stavs tiles

Hi guys,

Done a weekend tiling course over 2 weeks and have a passion for tiling.

What do you think so far?

Stav

IMG_7239.JPG IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7269.JPG IMG_7250.JPG IMG_7251.JPG IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7283.JPG

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Looks good mate. I would advise doing full rows at a time. At some point you will come across tiles that vary in size and it makes it easier. I've had it today where there was a 2mm difference from tile to tile. With the help of spacers and rubi wedges I could split the difference and keep the rows as straight as possible. If your cuts at the side were all slightly larger tiles you would start to lose the joint. Not a criticism though, just advise

L

LM

Stavs fair play to you for posting your first attempt, it all looks good. Heed the above post from @peteablard, its good advice. My two pence worth would be to tank 'ALL' wet areas. You will get some old school people pitching in that it's not necessary, but in some countries it's actually law never mind good practice. So as I said nice work and don't shy from asking us for any advice, we all were in your position at some point.
Good luck mate :)

S

Stavs tiles

@peteablard & @LEE MAC thanks for your tips :) much approached. Agree on the tanking kit. For the sake of £50 and a few hours we'll work it.

@peteablard do you mean do course by course on wall, i.e. Start on the left where the radiator is, follow it round the bath and then on the right hand side? If so I will give this a try next time.

@timeless john & @mike1979. I def didn't dot and dab. I used a 8mm notch trowl and also buttered the tile.

I made sure to clean all the joints so there's no adhesive in there so it's full of grout only.

I'm looking forward to my next job and thanks to all you amazing tilers for giving us advice and guiding me through this :) again, my upmost respect for tilers who take pride in their work!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi lads, what do you think of pfocus.com which sells resin oriented infill for those places...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB