Discuss Been working Away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

on the Thames at Reading small pool to insulate with Diamond Pool Finishers, Swimming Pool Tilers, mosaic tiling, Aquatherm Swimming Pool Insulation, Spa tiling, pool surrounds, Pool Rendering & screeding, Pool repairs & renovations, Pacelite, Coping stones/tiles, Domestic & Commercial Swimming Pool re i have a Wooden :yikes: steamroom to prep and tile and a surround in Travertine .
I will try and post a few pic's if i get time !! in this thread, i have employed a new -boy to help this old boy a bit. he seems OK so far ,the job-centre said i could get 2.5K for employing him in 6 months ,so going to look into this as well , it could go towards his wages :smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

IMG_4309.jpg IMG_4310.jpg that's the small pool that used to be a dry-doc for repairing small river boats.
here are a few pics of the wooden steam rooms that the owner started to prep then messed-up so we are now doing the prep... these pics are mid-way through so there are a few tapes missing .... IMG_4313.jpg IMG_4314.jpg IMG_4315.jpg The three tubs are the tanking coat by the way.....any questions i will try to give an answer Thanks for looking .

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

IMG_4323.jpg IMG_4324.jpg IMG_4336.jpg IMG_4337.jpg IMG_4338.jpg IMG_4340.jpg a few more pic's of the steam-room ,after it was tanked ( the blue coating ) these pics were taken just after it was washed-off so thats why it may appear patchy in colour , the owner now wants the floor done in the same mosaic as he has ordered to much LOL, IMG_4322.jpg IMG_4326.jpg IMG_4325.jpg we renderd and screded the pool then tiled the steam room, while the builders YES STARTED to build the steps !!! IMG_4327.jpg IMG_4329.jpg IMG_4328.jpg it's always back-to front with Builders LOL, i'am hoping to start tiling the pool this week coming ,a few probs like i have set out the top of the pool ready to receive coping stones about 50mm thick and now the owner wants 10cm x 10cm travertine tiles !!!!!!!!!! i will post some more pic's as we progress :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_4330.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 49
S

Spud

here are a few pics of the pool we are doing
we are using kerapoxy adhesive never used it before but needless to say think of epoxy grout then make it stiffer , then try and spread it onto a rendered wall not sure what percentage waste we will have with the adhesive but it is high as you get maximum 50 minutes working time with it then you have to throw away what ever you have left knocked , not happy with some of the work around the water jets so will redo those neater on Monday working with the epoxy you are wearing thick rubber gloves so cant be as neat as normal, going to wear thinner latex gloves while doing the fiddly stuff to get the cutting detail the way it should be

Attachments

• DSC03315 (1280x960).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC03316 (1280x960).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC03318 (1280x960).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC03319 (1280x960).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03339 (1280x960).jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC03329 (1280x960).jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03328 (1280x960).jpg
    138 KB · Views: 39
D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Nice work Gary ! i like the colour of the tiles, in the first pic of the rendered pool the floor looks as if the screed was a bit wet when they laid it, ! is it flat ? as it looks from the way the light is going across the floor that it may be a bit bumpy ?, not sure if this is just my wonky eyes lol, i suppose they will have epoxy grout as well ? it must be costing a fortune in materials ? great stuff mate keep -up the good work and keep posting a few pic's when you get a chance mate , thanks for sharing them gary ........

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Been working Away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm sorry its another bad job or not thread. We've been having our downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have had a nightmare job I probably shouldn’t have took on. Called to a customers...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB