Discuss Benefit Of Hindsight? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If I've understood the question, you're asking customers what they'd have done differently now they've read the forum?

I see A LOT of customers wishing they'd have stopped their tiler dot-and-dabbing their tiles when they clocked it. Two just this week and we're only on tuesday!

Welcome aboard too. I might move this thread to the tiling forum as it's less of an intro and more of a question.

T

tilewizz

If I've understood the question, you're asking customers what they'd have done differently now they've read the forum?

I see A LOT of customers wishing they'd have stopped their tiler dot-and-dabbing their tiles when they clocked it. Two just this week and we're only on tuesday!

Welcome aboard too. I might move this thread to the tiling forum as it's less of an intro and more of a question.
No, it's really a question for the trade but it's asking them to put themselves in their customers' shoes. (Your example of dot and dabs is a good one. Another might be the debate about grout in internal corners cracking, versus using a suitably matched mastic...)

W

White Room

No, it's really a question for the trade but it's asking them to put themselves in their customers' shoes. (Your example of dot and dabs is a good one. Another might be the debate about grout in internal corners cracking, versus using a suitably matched mastic...)

I had a few that want the corners grouted because it looks better
dazed-2.png
so they claim.

Have found that good sheeting and surface protection go's a long way in keeping them happy.

S

Spare Tool

For me any tradesmen that come to my house I expect them to know exactly what trade their in and not shirk off any questions asked...for instance just had some block paving done on the drive at mine, got 4 quotes and it was never really about the price(I know what block paving costs) it was about the attitude, the turning up for the quote on time(unless a genuine reason given) and the obvious knowledge of what the guy was talking about that got him the job, there's a manhole on the drive and only one out of four explained how he'd finish the manhole properly....guess which one got the job!!
Same with domestic tiling....in a roundabout block paving sort of way;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Benefit Of Hindsight? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB