UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Best base for my wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chip

wetroom.jpg Hi all .
My names rob and in the middle of my marathon referb of our home and am now on the down stairs bathroom .In my infinite wisdom i wanted a wet room which is not a problem its just working out whats best and not wasting money as thats fast running out.My main question is whats my best option for my shower base the photo shows the shower area 1200x 800 .conrete removed and left 100mm depth .I was thinking of marmox showerlay and matching drain gully kit layed on new concrete base up to 80mm but not sure off future flexing/cracking with the foam base.Or do i just lay fresh concrete/screed base with formed slopes incorperated in screed and if i go with the second option whats a good gully drain to fit or do you guys have any other good options.
Many thanks.Rob.

Q

Qwerty

:welcome2:Hi Rob,Quite some job! I take it you are either very competent diy'er or in the trade? Im assuming you have not compromised the DPC in the floor? That looks like quite some depth! Is the existing concrete screed in good shape? (not crumbling or has damp). If all is ok, then I would source the desired wet room former to establish drain position and depth. I would then either keep drain and pipe area clear and fill in cement, or you could lay the drain and pipe into the cement.Take a look at this post re marmox ..... http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-ad...uick-guide-their-products.html#post569026Good luck

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best base for my wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm after some advice. Need to screed above my underfloor heating pipes. Some rooms have...
Replies
Views
I am adding an addition to my house that will be timber frame with 6x6 floor joists 1 foot apart...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.