Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Best cutter for a Rotozip in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jason

I bought a Rotozip thinking it would be handy to be able to cut out shapes for sockets and switches out of tiles but the ceramic cutting bits I bought are naff.
It takes an age to cut through the tile and then to cut a length I'm there all day. The cutter just heats up and starts glowing red and dosn't really cut at all and then of course the metal of the bit is comprimised once it's started to glow and melt.

Has anyone come across a good bit for a rotozip that will trully blunge cut and then cut out a section of tile in a reasonable length of time. I'm at that point where I don't even care how much it costs.

D

Deleted member 1779

May I suggest something.....

kit2.jpg

D

DHTiling

Yep that's right.
It just seems that the cutter bits overheat very quickly and cut so slowly through the tile that unless there are some kind of much better cutter out there then this piece of equipment is of no use to me and yet other tilers seem to make use of them.

The methd you use is , you plunge the bit in the tile and then move the cutter up and down as you gently push forward so that you are getting an even wear on the bit and not putting the stress on one part of the bit.

Watch this video and it shows you how to move the bit keeping it cooler

[yt]NG7hxzFS45I[/yt]

Reply to Best cutter for a Rotozip in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
I'm taking on my first tiling job in my utility room. Planning to just tile around the worktop...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best cutter for a Rotozip
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%