Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Best D.I.Y Cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

B

brk1

What some of your help guys ,want to buy a decent tile cutter to finish off my house, I now see the get what you paid for rule definitely is true, bought a contractors tile cutter from screw fix ,what a load of crap, it doesn't cut near the Zero measure scale, it's out of square by a little,it snaps more tiles across the middle than it does anywhere near the score line, should of known being a pro chippy that you get what you pay for when it comes to quality and tools. So advice needed please ,need to finish off my floor to lobby and kitchen as well as complete kitchen walls so need a 50 series to manage the floor on the 45. Been looking at the Rubi standard range (as well as others),looking to buy quality so that it's got a resale value when I've finished with it. Can someone explain the advantages /disadvantages between the types please , looking at the Rubi pocket , star and star plus ,star plus looks a stronger version of the star but don't know which would be better ,also Cutman do a range of pocket cutters that look exactly the same as the rubi pocket which the trader claims are a sister company to Rubi , if you go to the cutman website and look at the spare 6 mm cutter wheels ,they actually have rubi on them . So pro's and cons to each type if you can please

1. Rubi pocket 50
2 Cutman Hobby 50 (Pocket clone or rebadged name?)
3. Rubi Star 50
4.Rubi Star 50 N
5.Rubi Star 50 n Plus

What are you getting extra for the N and N Plus models

Any advice greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Reply to Best D.I.Y Cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best D.I.Y Cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%