UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Best joker yet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

Priced a job yesterday, loads to do:
14sqm of 30 x 30 marble on the walls
Ceiling taken down and replaced with plastic cladding.
Bath removed and replaced with a new one, pipe work to do as the taps are going on the opposite end.
Sink and loo removed and replaced with new.
Seperate room ( en suite) , toilet removed and put on the opposite side of the room. All materials supplied

So yeah plently to do, nice little job, only drawback is the bloke is willing to pay no more than £220!!!
Actually laughed in his face

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I used to charge £2,000 for a bathroom rip out, and put new suite back in, not always with the same layout, fully tiled walls and floors. We would supply adhesive but they paid for tiles and suite. Used to take 5 days mostly. The odd time 4 and a bit, the odd time 6 though. Used to do them week in week out. I actually enjoyed it when we got the odd job that didn't include a bathroom rip out!

Mind you that was before 2008 market crash and all that stuff. Not sure if that's even possible these day even with the best of customers.

£220. I'd have kicked him in the nuts for wasting my time getting the van out.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best joker yet in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding the state of our shower recess, as well...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Not sure if this in the correct forum as it is not strictly a tiling question however I will...
Replies
Views
mickp
M
R
Supplied and fitted a en suite shower room, finished it a fortnight ago but the customer still...
Replies
Views
D
Hello to all those in the know. I'm baffled by what to do and how to do it, or get it done...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for some advice.... A returning client has came to me in a bit of a dilemma and...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.