Discuss Best method to tile an L shaped room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

ubdai

View attachment kitchen floor tiling plan.pdf

What is the best method to approach this room. I believe there are two ways of tiling it No1 is to use the main entrance as a focal point with a tile laid centrally within the door frame and then work back to rear wall to work out spacing of tiles then start tiling from rear wall back to the entrance. No2 is to find centre of room and then start from there after working out best method of placement of first tile to gain equal sizes of last tiles at the walls. (sorry if not explained that clearly)

My question is if I wished to add a pattern (yet to be decided) using 600x600 tiles, what would be the best method to use.
MOH wants a plain /sparkly alternate tile style (polished black porcelain /resin quartz sparkly) easy enough I would say using No1, yet I would like to have a central focal pattern which I would have to use No2 I guess

Any advice on how to work out or place a pattern in the room centre would be appreciated.

Thanks
ubdai

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best method to tile an L shaped room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB