Discuss Best Place To Buy Quality Tiles...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
when looking at the travertine, just check the quality of the stone - that is why they vary in price. The more filler you can see on the tile surface, the poorer quality of stone. I am a big Tile Giant fan, but I also use Topps a lot for tiles - go with what you like at a price you are happy paying.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
when buying tiles best to stick to a tile shop rather than going to the d.i.y sheds.

all ways check the gradeing of the tile to make sure its suitable for your intended use.

if your tiling a kitchen/ hall/ or conservatory you should be looking at a grade 4/5.

porceline tiles tend to be more harder wareing but can be more expensive so it depends on your budget.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The difference in price from tile outlets is probably down to how much they purchased, and what's on offer, and things like that.

Generally though, always a good idea to shop with an actual tile outlet rather than a DIY shed. And tile giant serve us well as a forum, loads of the guys have switched to using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

this post is 6 months old harold, probably finished by now

I was just about to mention that Tile HQ are a good online source for tiles.

xlogo.jpeg

And they are also authorised to distribute our PORSADRILL tile drilling range.

bathroom-fitters-250.jpg

Authorised stockists of PORSADRILL tile drills..... Worth a look

But as you rightly point out the post is rather old!

Reply to Best Place To Buy Quality Tiles...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Good day all. My daughter has asked me to tile a cooker splashback in her kitchen. They've...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best Place To Buy Quality Tiles...?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.