Discuss Best sealant for shower cubicle in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davlins

Hi- I am a new member and this question has probably been asked more than once already.

I have just finished ripping out all old sealant , regrouted where necessary and totally replaced the sealant in the shower area. I have religiously taken out all the old stuff and left the sealant to dry for 72 hours. Some drops of water ( after 48hours) leaked from the showerhead when I was putting this back on and lo and behold the sealant below puckered and bubbled within an hour.
The sealant was bought from B and Q ( own band) and on their recommendation as being ideal for kitchen and bathroom/shower use.

I am totally deflated but had decided to rip out all again and start again - this time with a different sealant. Can anybody advise the best sealant to use ( brand) and also give me a run down re anything that I may have overlooked in terms of must do's. Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best sealant for shower cubicle in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding the state of our shower recess, as well...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all. I've seen a fair share of very dodgy siliconing around the frames of shower doors. The...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
I was recently asked to remove & replace the silicone sealant around a shower tray. When I got...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB