Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss best tile backerbaord to pack out wall for mosaics to come flush with cermaic tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just starting some bathrooms where I will be tanking the plastered shower walls with mira 4180 and multicoat.
bottom half will be 4mm glass mosaics with 1mm bed.
top half will be 9mm ceramics with 4-5 bed .

both tiles must come flush to each other where they meet.
need to make up the difference between 5mm mosaic with adhesive and 14mm ceramic inc adhesive.
so i have 9mm for backerboard and adhesive.

anyone know of a backer board thats approx 6mm thick plus 3mm flex adhesive to stick to multicoat that is flat and does not bend like insulation boards.
hardi backer ,or aquapanel cement boards ideal as rigid but only come 12mm i think.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to best tile backerbaord to pack out wall for mosaics to come flush with cermaic tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm retiling the walls in the pictures which is a shower above a bath - one wall is stripped...
Replies
Views
D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
best tile backerbaord to pack out wall for mosaics to come flush with cermaic tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond