Currently reading:
Inspection - Basic fault coding questions Electrical Advice

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Inspection - Basic fault coding questions Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Inspection - Basic fault coding questions Discussion ThreadInspection - Basic fault coding questions Electrical Advice

I have to re-sit 2391 photo coding assessment (having passed the rest), and have a couple of simple scenarios I was unsure about last time. (I know I will get different photos this time). I'm curious how everyone asses these:

The task is to identify all faults (if any), likely outcome, and code C1/C2/C3/FI.

1) Switch isolator mounted to wall (switched ON and energised) - armoured cable looped to ground (unsupported) then up back onto the wall in a single cleat, with stripped and exposed conductors ends taped up in red insulation tape.

2) Switchgear and distribution boards in a largish store room, littered with "stuff," such as tables, mops, brooms, and other equipment. The room is plenty large enough to safely work, but everything is currently inaccessible, as it is used for storage.

3) Old Wylex-style wooden board with rewirable fuses. Plastic covers missing from main incoming L - N on the main switch.

4) Plastic light switch hanging away from wall wired in black/red twin and earth with tiny red ring of sleeving on switched line conductor. CPC terminated to metal back box. (*Also should I assume "I" have removed the light switch to inspect? or code it C1 - direct access to live parts?)

Many thanks in advance.

Inspection - Basic fault coding questions for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Inspection - Basic fault coding questions Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Fluke T5-1000 tester Discussion ThreadFluke T5-1000 tester Electrical Advice For sale Fluke T5-1000 with original belt pouch and Fluke voltage tracer pen ( it was a set ) this has never left...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Fraudulent EICR Discussion ThreadFraudulent EICR Electrical Advice Hi guys, I'm looking for your expert advice and thoughts on the EICR that was issued back in April 2021 for the house that we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Sub Mains to a Load Centre in a Domestic Dwelling Discussion ThreadSub Mains to a Load Centre in a Domestic Dwelling Electrical Advice I am a retired electrician doing a home rewire. I'm taking...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? Discussion ThreadWhat's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? Electrical Advice What's the most badly designed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.