Discuss Best tool to use for removing grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

happytoddy

Hi all

I've got 26 square metres of 60x60 porcelain matt cream tiles. Magpie jasmine grout was used but its gone awful in 6 weeks.

The floor was originally laid in March 2010 with limestone grout. We have had problems with this tile as it with withholding dirt due to tiny man made drill holes (supposed to look like natural travertine).

We were advised to have the floor professionally cleaned which we did and then regrouted all over in jasmine to fill in the holes and regrout the grout lines.

However now we are left with extremely grubby/patchy grout lines. We want to start afresh with the grout lines and maybe use a better colour either limestone or light grey. Any preferences there?

What is the best tool for removing grout. My husband was gonna use an angle grinder but we've been told they can fly away and can therefore easily damage the edges of the tiles.

It needs to be an electrical tool otherwise it will take for ever to remove.

Has anyone removed grout before, if so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
You say that the grout lines are a bit grubby and you want to start afresh. I would use an Exakt saw. I used mine for the first time last week. I plugged it into the hoover and started removing grout from a couple of tiles. No mess at all, and it was really quick.
Have a look on the JML website for a demo video.

If the grout lines were not grubby then I would deffo use the Aquamix grout colour. Brilliant stuff and easy to use.

Good luck.
Sean

Reply to Best tool to use for removing grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best tool to use for removing grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.