UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Best uk tile suppliers or shows in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilerLiverpool

Hi everyone

I have always wanted to start my own tile shop in the future, and was wondering if anyone knows the best and cheapest places to go in the UK for stock for the shop. Or if anyone knows of any tile shows (dates etc) in Europe, UK, Spain, Italy etc.

Also if anyone works, runs, managers or who has or as had there own tile shop, has any advice for me when starting up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
There's the Natural Stone show too but that'll be in 2013 now.

I'd call the manufacturers in the UK (and importers) and ask for their distributors details. Then speak to the distributors with regards to QTY you'd need to buy to get a good price. You might find some do decent prices on large single orders, others might have a setup where you need to spend X per month, quarter or year type thing.

Obviously location of the shop is key as you'd hope it'll be there for a long long time so getting that right can pay dividends.

Having a tile shop near a B&Q or whatever isn't a bad idea but I bet you'll find there are already ones as close as can be next to most.

I think you have guts if you're starting a tile shop in this sort of economy as it isn't the most financially stable the country has been in. I tend to hear of just as many firms going bust as being setup these days and I'm sure many others will agree with that. So perhaps make sure you can run at a loss for a period of time before you do take the jump.

I'd also keep tabs on tile shops for sale that you find every now and again in TileUK and TSJ magazine as they do pop up from time to time and are often established companies. Saw a bathroom firm in TileUK for a while that said it made good profit etc. Obviously you might need to relocate if you want the right profitable shop and not just the most local one.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best uk tile suppliers or shows in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.