Discuss best way off... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

and most cost effective way off bringing a wood floor up an inch??
I have a job to price up going to look at it tomorrow...
45m through three rooms 2 off which are the same level but was told one room is aprox an inch lower. The customer wants the tiles to run through at the same finished level.
Electric UFH and large format porc tiles.
These are all wood floors the lower room is t&g floorboards and other 2 chipboard.
All I can think off is 24mm ply over lower room then hardi over the lot or would just marmox boards surfice, or should it have both?

S

Spare Tool

Are you planning to insulate all 3 floors if so you could fix marmox on the 2 chipboard floors and then build the floorboard floor upto the same level using marmox, they do sizes ranging upto 50mm.
Yes I was planning on insulating the whole floor, that's interesting I didn't know you could get marmox boards that thick, that could be the answer, i'll have a check on the prices and see how it compares to ply.

S

Spare Tool

Looked at the job last night and as ever all is not quite how the customer told it on the phone...
2 rooms are infact good solid t&g floorboards which then meet up to a concrete extension, not chipboard. After setting up a laser found that the guys that built the extension were a good 30mm down on the point that it meets the t&g floor, but then steadily rises to near as dam it level about 2meters back, so I'm thinking its gonna be rapidest over the join in substrates to seal it off, 5-10 bags of flexi leveller in the dip, 10mm marmox boards over the whole floor, fit ufh, level over ufh, fit 5sqm of crack matt over join in substrates then get some tiles down..
Any constructive comments or see anything wrong with this prep?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to best way off... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB