Discuss Best ways of advertising in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Lots of ways to improve your public profile. Cheapest is to contact local rag (free paper) and talk them into doing an article on you and your work (requires good customer, and job that's presentable and impressive).Most effective is word of mouth from good work you have done. Some jobs have generated me thousands of pounds of follow up. If you can get work on a new build other tradesmen will see your work, and ask for your details.

Best advertising in 2015 is a good web site that is SEO for your work/area of operations. Nothing cheap here - start at £50 per month (after initial start-up cost of website) for 2/3 new leads per week.

Local paper advertising only works if you are already known well for your work locally (see free advertising above).

Van advertising does give some feedback - but not reliably so. Neighbours at house you are working on need to want some tiling work!

Biggest con in getting work is directory/diary advertising. You pay £150 (plus VAT) per year for ad. Get nothing back.

Not bad if you are not well known is trade websites - you pay to get lead and customer chooses favourite quote. Good for choosing jobs in your skill area, a good sales pitch gets about 80% return on purchased leads, only pay when you actually want work, also good to fill gaps when booked jobs get postponed. Bad for cowboys in your field, expect to pay from £20 per lead, and customer feedback is erratic.

Frankly for tilers - reputation is king advertising method.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best ways of advertising in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB