Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Beware when Importing goods in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

M

mags

Same thing happened to my ex-bf's dad when he bought a Callaway Big Bertha golf club from a retailer on eBay. If there's a way of making you pay extra, our Government will always find it... :ban:
Should have asked ive got a callaway great big bertha hawkeye I am selling ;)

On a plus you can SOMETIMES get a bargain, I bought a Powercommander (cpu thing) for my motorbike and got it sent as a warranty repair - avoided charges and saved over £100.00 :)

G

Gazzer

Hi All,

Just had my Quansol mitre box delivered from New Zealand, and the postman charged me an extra £ 13.74 for the customs duty,

Anyone know if this is correct, seems a bit odd for some plastic ?

Why didnt you buy in the UK then ???

Trimline Innovations
Kangley Bridge Road
London.
SE 26 5DA
Phone sales: 020 8778 9000

INVERURIE TILE CENTRE
Address 12 HIGH STREET
INVERURIE
ABERDEENSHIRE
AB51 3XQ
www.inverurietiles.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

Yep, it happens becuase the seller doesnt pay the duty, so when it comes into the UK you have to pay it, they dont usually declare what in it to make it cheaper and more attractive to import, but customs randomly check stuff and if they pick your package and realise its not a 'gift' 'repair' 'sample' or whatever else the seller has tried to disguise it as then you have to pay up.

A bit like when someone posts you something and doesnt put enough stamps on it and you have to pay the difference when you collect the thing.

You win some you lose some.

O

Olz

From the delivery information on the Quansol Website

You can expect that items will usually arrive at their destination within the time-frame specified for each zone. However as New Zealand Post do not directly control all parts of the delivery chain, they will not guarantee that every item will always reach its destination within the target delivery times. Delivery to areas outside major cities, or where your item is dutiable or is held in customs, may take longer.

We do not pay compensation for any delay in the delivery of your order.

Any applicable taxes or duty charges are to be paid by the recipient of the package.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Guess I was lucky then Gary - got mine all ok without any extra charges (bit strange considering it was probably the same postie that delivered it!) - still keep meaning to pop round - its a bit lazy of me considering I can see your house right now as I type this!

A

Alpha Omega

Guess I was lucky then Gary - got mine all ok without any extra charges (bit strange considering it was probably the same postie that delivered it!) - still keep meaning to pop round - its a bit lazy of me considering I can see your house right now as I type this!

That's the way my luck is, Bad or Non Existant !!

As for meeting up, No worries, We will catch up soon,

Reply to Beware when Importing goods in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just revisited a lady I originally quoted to tile a bathroom for about 6 weeks ago. She decided...
Replies
Views
S
Starting a bathroom Tues and the customer wants the existing plastic panel removing and tiling...
Replies
Views
Been using Invoice2go for a couple of days now and am pretty impressed. I had the trial version...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Beware when Importing goods
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond