UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Big problem with Mapei Ultracolour Plus White grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richiep

Hi all. I have recently tried for the first time Mapei's Ultracolour Plus Grout. I have to say first off that this has been done at home before using elsewhere, so i'm talking about my own bathroom. I have tiled using 200x300 ceramic tiles with Mapei Keraflex White. I then grouted using said grout but to my own detriment i left it too long before cleaning off. Most of the grout lines are fine but approx 1msq of tiles has overfilled grout lines. They are pretty flat but noticeable and not good to look at. The grout has been on since yesterday(Friday 2nd) lunch time.

I have noticed a thread that suggests lithofin cement remover for such things? Could anyone give advice if this is what i need or if there is another way to remove this to make nice grout lines.

I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Rich

A

Aston

try making your self a small 'jointing tool' out of a small piece of wood. get something pencil shaped and get a stanley knife and shape and smooth off the edge so it doest scratch the tile...then run it back and forwards along the grout joints that are 'overfilled' till it planes off the excess grout and matches the rest. dont go mad when your doing it, just firm controlled pressure m back and forwards.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Big problem with Mapei Ultracolour Plus White grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.