Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Big thank you to Uheat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

buster

Not only for your quick service, but also for helping me out on the phone with my questions.
Pleased to report everything went well with the UFH( one minor problem ) This was a job in my conservatory and although i've tiled before, I had never used UFH.
The conservatory was extended so had to rip up old tiles and bring the level up to existing. Screed,10mm boards, heating mat,SLC. I got it bang on level. Laid the SLC early morning to give me a good start to tiling next morning. SLC was as smooth & level as an ice rink. So chuffed with it I made myself a coffee and gloated over it..phone rang...I go in living room to answer it...15 mins on phone.. :incazzato:and...one of my boxer dogs has got into the conservatory :mad2: floor looked like Twickenham on a wet Saturday afternoon.
Now bearing in mind I had taken meticulous precautions with the uf matting after reading so much on this website about the pitfalls. I never forsore this happening,added to which I never invested in one of those things you check to see if the matting is ok.
Anyway I floated the SLC again (at this stage it was 'just' managable)and prayed the sparky would give me the thumbs up when he checked it prior to the thermostat being fitted..Result:hurray:
Thanks again Uheat and thanks to all you members that post on this site. Your information was invaluable to me :thumbsup:
Hey I even cleaned the tiles when laid with vinegar/salt/baking soda. worked a treat.
Warm :thumbsup:regards Tony.

B

buster

Sorry been busy. Don't have any photos of work done in progress, shame really would have been good for a laugh.
conservatory+007.jpg

conservatory+003.jpg

Reply to Big thank you to Uheat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling my 12m^2 conservatory - Concrete base, Self levelled, 20mm Jackoboards, Prowarm...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just signed up and introduced myself earlier. Don't know if this is the right place...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Big thank you to Uheat
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.