• Thread starter Old Mod
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 5K

Discuss Biscuit Shortage! in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

what I would like to know,
Is how we intend to deal with the biscuit crisis that we are in the middle of!
Storm Desmond has a lot to answer for, I say!

Quote from Daily Mail.

"A drought in some of the nation's favourite biscuits has been the unlikely result of December's devastating flooding.

Custard creams, ginger nuts and water crackers are still missing from shop shelves after a biscuit factory in Carlisle was flooded when Storm Desmond hit Cumbria.

Customers have complained about a shortage of their favourite tea time snacks following the flood which interrupted production at the United Biscuits factory in Caldewgate.

At the factory, which famously produces Carr's water crackers, as well as McVitie's ginger nuts and Crawford's custard creams, was swamped in five feet of water.

Production of some lines has now restarted, but United Biscuits has said it could take 'several months' until things get back to normal.

In a statement, United Biscuits said:
'Due to floods in Carlisle we are experiencing a shortage of a number products under the McVitie's, Jacob's, Carr's and Crawford's brands.
We apologise if consumers are finding it difficult to get hold of some of these products and we are working hard at our Carlisle site to resume normal service as soon as possible.'

How are we going to cope with out our 'Ginger Nuts' with our morning coffee? :(

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
Here you go marc, get your apron and and oven mitts on and your good to go and make your own..

Disaster avoided...
  • 50g Butter
  • 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
  • 50g soft brown sugar
  • 175g Self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  1. Preheat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Grease two baking sheets.
  2. Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan until melted and the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool slightly.
  3. Sift flour and ground ginger into sugar mixture and stir well.
  4. Using wetted hands make walnut sized balls of the mixture and arrange well spaced out onto the baking sheets. Flatten slightly then bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
  5. Remove from the oven and transfer to a waire rack to cool completely.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

J

Just Rizzle

The wife said we have to have a holiday in the Lake District this year to support their tourist economy. She thinks we might bump into Charles and Camilla.
I suppose now I'am going to have to have Carrs water biscuits instead of Jacobs crackers with my cheese and coffee at 11 o'clock.
have a caravan in the lakes between penrith and Keswick love it over there no better place until it rains:(

S

Spare Tool

The wife said we have to have a holiday in the Lake District this year to support their tourist economy. She thinks we might bump into Charles and Camilla.
I suppose now I'am going to have to have Carrs water biscuits instead of Jacobs crackers with my cheese and coffee at 11 o'clock.
Me n misses staying in Bowness this weekend funnily enough, we've done our bit to support the local economy, supported The Albert, The Sol Bar, Riva Italian, oh and the polish geezer selling cheeseburgers down by the lake, haven't noticed a biscuit shortage..

O

Old Mod

Me n misses staying in Bowness this weekend funnily enough, we've done our bit to support the local economy, supported The Albert, The Sol Bar, Riva Italian, oh and the polish geezer selling cheeseburgers down by the lake, haven't noticed a biscuit shortage..
It's not a biscuit shortage as such Andy.
It's particular biscuits, like ginger nuts.
Most of them are made by McVities.

Reply to Biscuit Shortage! in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond