Discuss Bit of advice for new arrival.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BogBeast

Hello all.

I have a couple of bathrooms and a floor behind me and so far I seem to be doing alright (better half is impressed)

I am about to start the 3rd bathroom and this looks like it going to be more of a challenge.

I have bought a batch of rather nice marble tiles off of the dreaded eBay and I would like to put them on all the walls, floor to ceiling.

They are 300x300x15 and weigh approx 3.5kg per tile. I have never tiled with this thickness and I wanted to make sure I have done my prep properly..

2 of the walls are block, one new - never had anything on it. The other has had the plaster removed and is a bit bumpy.

The other 2 walls are stud from which I have stripped the crappy old plasterboard...

For the stud - would 12.5mm Aquapanel be suitable? or are there better boards to use (considering the weight) - Wickes is local to me....

For the block walls - I was going to skim the bumpy wall with a strong cement render to give a good surface and then tile straight onto the wall. Or would it be better to board the block wall too?

I was planning on tanking the wet corner with MAPELASTIC AQUADEFENSE and leaning towards a 3mm bed of PCI Nanolight (should I be able to find it locally).

Any advice gratefully received ....

BogBeast

B

BogBeast

Many thanks for the replies,

Their datasheet states that the boards will hold 62kg/m. Is that the 6mm as well ? (I am restricted on depth on one wall and would like to put the 6mm boards up)

For the block wall, would you use their plugs or would their washers, a screw and plug do?

I am going for a thin solid bed trowel, probably on all the walls. Would that be overkill?

Many thanks again...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bit of advice for new arrival.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bit of advice for new arrival....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.