UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss black and white tiles under freestanding bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newplumb

Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend some good tiles to go under a freestanding bath. The pattern is going to be black and white squares in diamond format, and although the bath is a modern acrylic rolltop and not a heavyweight cast iron one, I'm still concerned about the tiles cracking under the feet, and the ones I've seen in Tilegiant (Forte) don't look strong enough to me (under the tiles it will probably be 18mm ply + 6mm hardiebacker, or something similar).

So I'm looking for some good black and white tiles, in the 300-350mm region. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to black and white tiles under freestanding bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I’ve got some white adhesive residue stuck to the surface of black slate effect tiles. Give them...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hello! First time tiling a bath. My issue is that the shower wall is about .5" (1.5cm) narrower...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.