Discuss Black grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all at the forum. I haven't been on for a while as I've had all sorts of things going on in my life, some good and loads bad. I've just tiled a shower cubicle and a bathroom floor. what turned out to be a good simple job turned out to be a nightmare. The shower tiles are A gloss white bevelled brick tile done in brick bond and the floor is a white matt ceramic. layed all of them great. Then came the grouting. BLACK GROUT. I ended up like a chimney sweep with soot everywhere. Didn't matter how carefull I was, it still got in places it shouldn't. In the end I had to get my partner in who is good at cleaning ,to bring the bathroom back to its glory . Looks good now but if I ever have to grout with black again I will add on a couple of days to the price . Has anyone else had problems with black grouting?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
be prepared for it and its not that bad i have only learnt that from using it lots of times though lol

extra sheeting right through customers house,keep a plastic bag with floats and bucket trowels seperate in your van
buy disposable gloves or marigolds and keep as well and same with sponges

basically keep a black kit for your black gtouting jobs seperate and you should be fine

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Black grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Keith

Arms
TF
Hull East Yorkshire

Thread Information

Title
Black grouting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.