Discuss Black substance in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
I was removing a solid wooden floor today in a customers kitchen only to find a black tackie substance on the floor , seems to be permanently flexible product , which sticks to the scrapper when trying to remove it! I've never came across this before and was wondering could it be a floor adhesive or some sort of damp proof barrier ! What's the best way to remove it , or would it be ok to score it with a grinder and apply slc over it? Cheers , sorry no pictures provided !

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Black substance in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views
D
Dear Forum ive just joined up to ask for some advice. I'm refitting and modernising our under...
Replies
Views
F
Hi all I'm tiling my second kitchen, and just wanted to check in with you all that I'm doing it...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB