Discuss Blanke Permat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

It is pretty tough but, if you drag a cooker or washing machine etc over it then it will scratch. (I did this in my livingroom floor before I replaced with carpet)

Amtico and karndean are used on commercial premises so it is a pretty tough solution. I installed it throughout the lower floor of my home and had it down for anumber of years. My two year old decided to plug in the iron one day and left it on the middle of the hall floor and it began to melt.

It is a good option for floating floors when tiling is not an option in my opinion especialy the likes of bathroom floors that wont get the same abuse as kitchens and hallways.

If installing over a chipboard floor it is common practice to sheet the floor with 6mm ply and feather finishing all the joints on the ply. A good floor layer will work cleanly and clean the floor with white spirit to ensure that there is no glue seeping through the joins as this will grab lots of dirt over time and reduce the effect of the floor. If you choose a wood effect vinyl tile I would suggest choosing one with the bevel edge as this is more realistc than the square edge ranges. Polyflor do a slightly cheaper option called Camaro.

Amtico and karndean will last for years if installed properly, I have had my floor down in the hall for 6 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Blanke Permat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Blanke Permat
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.