Discuss bodger the builder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Slowly Learning

Got a call last week from builder who subs bathroom fits from his uncles company " can you come friday and finish a job and grout the room " happens I was free so went along :yikes:. What a bodge, who ever he had ( stiil hasnt named em ) couldnt cut the porcelain floor tiles. Hed managed to do the walls but gaps between ceilling and in corners of varying size. But the bit that set me off was this is all on bonding! When I tried to explain builder just kept smiling like an idiot and making out Im to fussy. I finished the 5 floor tile cuts as at least they were on solid screwed down ply ( primed my bit ) and grouted the room. As hed caught me on the hop i had no silicone so firmly told him that anything not grouted requirs silicone as movement will occur. Get a phone call today with him moaning as i havent grouted the whole room. Reminded him about the conversation and he says " no you grout everything and then go over it with silicone can i do it this in future "

I can tell you now I cant see me and this lemon having much of a future! Then he begs me do 2 days in another bathroom tommorrow had a look, another bodge. Are they all like this or just the builders I get saddled with? I turned another down recently as the jobs were rushed bodges and I dont want to be associated with em. Works hard to come by but I can be doing with these sling em in merchants.:mad2:

R

redlee

Sad to say most builders and some bathroom firms i come across are like this and if you try to explain that tiling onto bonding/chipboard/overweight tiles onto skimmed plasterboard/priming with pva/day old wet plaster aren't the done thing then you're a pedantic fussy know it all jobsworth and they'll phone the next guy on the list who'll be all to happy to have a bash at said cack job.

S

Slowly Learning

Sorry no pics. Spoke to him this morning as it happens and put him straight on the correct way to do things, waste of time "were not at school now" was his reply. His customer is going into one as well apparantly (no suprises) as he is sick of all the different people in and out of his house. Needless to say I will be having no more to do with the muppet. A painter I know has seen him later in the day in the high street and hes running around asking if anyone knows someone who can tile :lol:. Some chancer will get him out of the hole but I cant help thinking with each job the hole is getting bigger! Thanks for your support lads its good to share after a bad day, beer o'clock now :thumbsup:

Reply to bodger the builder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
bodger the builder
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.