UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter Chris Alderton
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Bounced a Cheque now won't pay up...AAAhhhh!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris Alderton

Hey All, I did a lot of work latter part of last year for a private customer (rearranged kitchen, tiled hallway through to kitchen through to dining room, removed and refitted new bath, tiled bathroom etc.) The customer (single mum) had paid me throughout the job without too much problem, then the final payment of £350 was by cheque which bounced and now she is refusing to answer the front door, telephone etc. and from the odd bit of communication i have had is basically saying "tough i am not paying you". There are no issues with the quality of the work she is just refusing to pay me for the bounced cheque.

I cold take her to court but even if i win, i expect i will only get £1 a week forever (assuming she pays that).
I am sure this is not a unique situation and would appreciate any pointers and advice anyone can give me as to if/how i can get her to pay the final amount.
thanks in advance.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bounced a Cheque now won't pay up...AAAhhhh!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Just revisited a lady I originally quoted to tile a bathroom for about 6 weeks ago. She decided...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.