UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter Leatherface
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 4K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Boxing !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Had a go at Thai Boxing between the ages of 18 & 21 - full contact sparring at end of each lesson - got sick of being kneed and elbowed in the face. Gave it up.
My trainer was a guy called Master Sken from Thailand - bloody awesome - saw him kick an apple off the end of a sword that was being held by a girl, sat on a guys shoulders who was stood on a chair. Seen him fight too - very impressive.
I love watching UFC - Would never contemplate trying it - don't like getting my head kicked in :)

I

IvegotsTILE

At least your a bit more weathered than me I'm still 28,have to be careful with cash at the moment as I've just finished my job,got my course at NE Tiling in a week need to save my cash for all the tools,advertising,liability insurance etc,etc gonna set me back a fair bit.Already getting my name out amongst my mates that are builders,plasterers and so on.I know your not a big fan of guys like me that just go on these courses then think we can tile straight away but I'm not deluded enough to think I'll be able to know it all after a weeks course thats why people like me come on this forum to get advice from the pros like you,believe me we are all grateful for the input you and guys like Dan ,Wivers,Concept,L&R and others put in every night.Its very reasurring to know when we're stuck that your on the end of the computer to help us along:wink_smile:

L

Leatherface

At least your a bit more weathered than me I'm still 28,have to be careful with cash at the moment as I've just finished my job,got my course at NE Tiling in a week need to save my cash for all the tools,advertising,liability insurance etc,etc gonna set me back a fair bit.Already getting my name out amongst my mates that are builders,plasterers and so on.I know your not a big fan of guys like me that just go on these courses then think we can tile straight away but I'm not deluded enough to think I'll be able to know it all after a weeks course thats why people like me come on this forum to get advice from the pros like you,believe me we are all grateful for the input you and guys like Dan ,Wivers,Concept,L&R and others put in every night.Its very reasurring to know when we're stuck that your on the end of the computer to help us along:wink_smile:

Think you've got me all wrong - you may have not read some of my previous posts.I am 40 years old. Up until two years ago I was in the Print Industry - Production Manager - earning 30k plus a year. Business got took over and I saw the end was near - parent company running things down. So 3 yrs ago ( a year before I became self employed ) I went on a 4 day course. Then spent 12 months working weekends, holidays, sickies etc tiling. Took Redundancy, left with £7000, straight into tiling. Has been bloody hard work.
I have no bad feelings for anyone who wishes to start a new career whatever it may be. I will help wherever I can. Am always on the end of the phone - send me a perso message and get my phone no if you need it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
You will be answering a lot of the questions on here yourself after your course, you will get my personal email as well if you require any help after you have finished, there are not many topics that we do not discuss in training, the course is hard graft on the brain however you will end up with a book of relative info about 35 pages of bullet point infotmation on what to do in situations like the questions on the forum, Our course is like no other.
See ya next week
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Used to be a boxer myself in my younger days, watched the fight, Manfredo was out classed by Calzagi, thought it was stopped a bit too soon as i dont thing he was hurt and the punches thrown by Kalzagi were just fast with no power, Still Manfredo made no attempt to punch back, so he deserved to get beat in my eyes, experience for him, thats all the fight was to him.
Amir Khan done well though, although the opponents they are chucking at him are just to build his confidence up

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Boxing !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently had my bathroom tiled. I think a few errors have been made and would like to know...
Replies
Views
Just taken on my first job, previously done heating and plumbing but wanted to tackle full...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.