Discuss Brain DEAD! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi guys.

I am getting more and more tired of waiting for other tradesmen on jobs..
Please you tell me, what sort of meter I need for testing EUFH once laid, and once screeded over?

I have seen them used and watched when testing, but never sure what meter setting to have it on either.

Thanks in advance

I tell the customer etc my test is just to make sure the mat continuity is intact ." The spark does the connection and signs off the testing.

thats what I'm tired of waiting for, the resistance testing throughout the installation.
I wouldn't connect the wires, just have the tail in the right place.

It's the resistance levels you are checking.
The parameters of resistance before, during, and after laying should be noted in the installation manual and then left with cold tails for connection by a Qualified electrician - part P registered.
These parameters are on the box/label of the supplied mat.
Use a multimeter on the resistance setting.

I know to take before laying, when laid and once screeded over. I was just unsure the best meter to do this with.
Thanks John, it will save a lot of money and time once I have my own. (if figures correct to manual)

btw why do you need to check continuity? wire comes checked or calibrated anyway? you need to know if it is damaged or cut only i think.
can somebody shed a light on this?

i would only be testing the resistance (like you said) for breakages at ever stage of the installation.

It's easy , just get a tester, you defo do not need a electrician to test it, just get a metre likes been said .
Radim you HAVE to check it, when installed, when SLC and when tiled, you can
Nic it and break it [emoji33]

Never good to tempt anything, but i haven't bust one yet

I use the Devi tester. It's a good piece of kit. Did manage to damage one once and alarm went off. Off to get a repair kit and job sorted before laying screed.

The kits always say don't try to fix if broken. Whats your method of repairing ?

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
image.jpg image.jpg Warm up testers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some threads in the underfloor heating forum. You can now find and search for both electric underfloor heating and water underfloor heating threads. By the way, if you feel some of the threads you want to be seen at the top of the forum need to be bumped back, for the next month or so from now, feel free to do that. Although it's not usually something we allow, whilst we're going through this process of changing over forum software, we see the need for this to happen.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Brain DEAD! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB