Currently reading:
Brand new tap timer leaks around collar Discussion Thread

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Brand new tap timer leaks around collar Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Brand new tap timer leaks around collar Discussion Thread

Per the pics attached, I have a brand new tap timer fitted to my outdoor tap with a brand new washer. It always leaks from the bottom of the fitting collar. I have tried four different washers (all pictured), both individually and in combination. I have tried tightening the connection, loosening the connection, applying lots of PTFE-tape, applying a little PTFE-tape, applying no-PTFE tape.. always the same leak. Any suggestions? Most online advice relates the the washers: should I try to source a different type of washer perhaps?

Brand new tap timer leaks around collar for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Brand new tap timer leaks around collar Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
  • Article
Replacement Diverter valve for obsolete tap Discussion Thread Hi, I have a Bristan Matrix Bath Shower Mixer Tap, the diverter valve has been temperamental for some time and has finally failed...
Replies
Views
jimmcf
J
C
  • Article
Tightening galvanised pipe and fittings Discussion Thread I have a threaded galvanised tube between 2 T-pieces. I can’t screw the t-pieces onto the tube - they’re already sealed to the spur. So...
Replies
Views
Chris Pink
C
S
  • Article
Pura shower head - too much weight for a tiny thread Discussion Thread Hi there, Hopefully someone will be able to help me….. I have what I believe is a pura shower arm which has recent started...
Replies
Views
Stu Thomson
S
N
  • Article
Saying hello to all on plumbers forum Discussion Thread Job opportunity Hi Everyone, Not used this platform before, but thought worth a try, I have a bathroom distribution company in Langley...
Replies
Views
N
W
  • Article
Mains Water Closet direct Flush valves still a rarity in UK? Discussion Thread Just was at a caravan site in Lake District recently, which had some very interesting Delabie electronic tap and...
Replies
Views
whitegold
W
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.