Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Brick effect.........the rules in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

popeye

Hi Again........ I have been reading with interest on the forum about Brick Bond. Well I have read conflicting views regarding the wrap onto next wall.......should it be carried on if you finish with a cut of 15cm and the tiles are 40cm - should the next tile be 25cm. I have had a look at a couple of pics of where if it finishes with 30cm the next tile is also 30cm and it looks good also???

I have put my diagram on paper and now not so sure???

D

diamondtiling

Thanks Phil, I am using 40cm tiles and would like it to finish even on one side of the wall (1/2 and full tiles) and at the opposite end the cuts are 14cm and 34cm. Only problem is I haven't really centred the tiles but estimated as there is a shower screen across it won't matter!!

It would to me, cant you set it out as best as possible to get a wrap around effect?

:thumbsup:

D

Daz

It is very difficult to explain without putting marks on the walls and being able to see every obstacle that can effect the setting out.

My preference is to find the "main" focal point and start there (i.e bath, cooker etc.). I would try to start by centring that feature and then work out my cuts from there. When going around a corner you should add the thickness of the tile to the return cut (although I tend to add a few millimetres more to enhance the effect). If you find that you have slither cuts at any obstacle (beit a window or corner etc.) then you will need to move the initial datum accordingly to improve the cuts all around the room.

If you are doing a kitchen splashback, you can get away with not following the pattern as everyone puts a microwave or coffee machine in the corners and hides the tiling.

I hope this makes sense.

Daz

D

Daz

I think I'm going to post some videos on car mechanics. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely no mechanic, but I reckon if I use a "Mechanic It Yourself" title then I should be okay; I'm going to mock up a logo too :thumbsup:.

I'm going to start by showing how to bleed brakes and replace brake pads but only show 50% of the technique required and produce a disclaimer that says it ain't my fault you hit a tree.

Your video post shows two "boys" gently placing tiles onto adhesive that is not suitable for the size of tile and then very quickly skipping over the grouting process. Please do not follow any of the advice in this video footage! Wrong adhesive, poor fixing technique and no advice as to correct grouting techniques.

I forgot to mention that he has paid absolutely no attention to setting out the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Brick effect.........the rules in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. I have a brick wall that’s had render put on it and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Brick effect.........the rules
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.