Currently reading:
Brick pattern into a corner, which looks best ??

Discuss Brick pattern into a corner, which looks best ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

qwertyuiop7

Tiling into one corner with large 600x300 porcelain tiles. The wall to the right on the photo is exactly 2 1/2 tiles wide so at the corner there will be either a full tile or half one.
Do i carry the cut 300mm half round the corner, and in the course above/below join a full one to a full one

Or do i have a full tile running into the corner and a 300mm half running out and the next course above 300mm half running in and a full one out

The two walls are the only ones in the bathroom with tiles on
Or should i do something different.

Thanks

Q

qwertyuiop7

LIKE this.jpg

Like this then?

Last edited by a moderator:
photo.jpg Same theory, kitchen splash done last week..

Disagree with the above,
I always do it the other way around, why would you have large + large, and small + small.
Surely large + small, then small + large looks like it flows in a pattern

As in your picture, its easier on the eye, and that way makes it flow like its continuing. Rather than a full-tile mirroring a full, and a cut mirroring a cut.

Each to there own tho, and as you've said, both look right to you, so whatever you decide is best

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Brick pattern into a corner, which looks best ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB