Currently reading:
Bridge Saw V Tile Cutter?

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Bridge Saw V Tile Cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

I only have the Palsplugs contract one which is very similar to the Vitrex, it is slow going on the harder porcelains. I used a bridge type on some trav the other day and to be honest i wasnt too impressed. I have to say though it wasnt a decent branded machine.

Have a lok on youtube at some of the machines in action, the Dewalt flies through everything. There are vids of lots of machines on there, definitley the Dewalt D24000 and Sigma 10m as i have been looking too.

A

Aston

are bridge saws better than dry cutters for porcelain??
not always, a good cutter like the tx700, sigmas or montolits cut great and leave a neater line than a wet saw but, there are porcelain tiles that need wet cutting ..

if you are buying a bridge saw, treat the buying process in the same way as the dry cutter

i think plasplugs and vitrex are ok when you are starting out but if you are in the tiling game professionally, then they dont really stand up to well...that said, the little plasplugs where great for kitchen splashbacks etc so they have their place :thumbsup: dont get me wrong, they do a job but you really need the professional equipment for porcelain and granite etc.

the rubi nd200 was / is a popular table saw but when you think for the extra £200 or so, you get the dewalt, then it makes you stop and think? as neale says, the balde is as important and the saw...it needs to be quality! the saw needs...
the power,
the accuracy
and the durabilty to cope on a daily basis..

i would rather pay the extra for the top branded equipment because even when you sell them on ebay or here, you get the top 2nd hand prices, so all in all, you get a better allround return on your investment.

cheers
ed

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MTiler

Im also looking into getting a bigger wet cutter. At the mo I have a Plasplugs Contractor Plus with a marcrist blade and it does well. But with the larger formats its not so accurate, especially as the cutters' bed is quite small.

My main concern with the larger cutter, such as the Dewalt, is whether I can actually carry the damm thing! I can just cope with 25kg bag of addy but anything heavier and Ill probably do myself some damage!
The Dewalt is about 31kg (69lbs) and looks quite compact, are there lighter ones?

cheers
missyT

G

Gazzer

Im also looking into getting a bigger wet cutter. At the mo I have a Plasplugs Contractor Plus with a marcrist blade and it does well. But with the larger formats its not so accurate, especially as the cutters' bed is quite small.

My main concern with the larger cutter, such as the Dewalt, is whether I can actually carry the damm thing! I can just cope with 25kg bag of addy but anything heavier and Ill probably do myself some damage!
The Dewalt is about 31kg (69lbs) and looks quite compact, are there lighter ones?

cheers
missyT

The Dewalt can easily be broke down to 4 main components, The stand, the trays with guide and side tray inside, the rolling carriage and lastly the machine head. I always carry mine like that and it makes life a lot easier.

andy-p

TF
Arms
I use a makita grinder with a marcrist blade 90% of the time, i have a rodia bridge saw and 3 table saws but only use em when i have nowhere to use the grinder and only use the rodia for stone, i can cut as accurate with the grinder and the marcrist leaves a great finish , its so much easier than carting about all that gear, and i work mainly with large formats including porcelain..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bridge Saw V Tile Cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.