UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Bri's Anniversary Mosaic Gift to his wife in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

It's been a good day. :)
I met Bri today. He came to our home to pick up the pedestal bowl he commissioned me to make as a 1st anniversary gift for his wife. The brief was "make/mosaic me a pedestal bowl, ca 30cm high, 30cm wide, use the 3 Roman numerals *** for the wedding date 10.10.10, (nicely doubling up as three kisses), their red gerbera wedding flower, the colours black, red and silver. So this is what I came up with, (the first base design with more silver grout I rejected as not good enough, :) and started again). Here is the process, picture order may be jumbled up. I was so nervous, whether Bri and his wife would like it or not, personally being happy with the quality is one thing, matching their taste from a few wedding photos another. I added some lights inside. And he did like it, and it turns out, so does his wife. Huge grin across my face here. And for all of you who haven't met Bri, what a genuinely nice guy he is. Thanks for your confidence in me and your custom, Bri. :) It was an amazing project for me.

BPB 1st design.jpg BPB 1st pre grout.jpg BPB bases.jpg BPB close2.jpg BPB day.jpg BPB final pedstl.jpg BPB prep.jpg BPB progress1.jpg BPB red epoxy on bamboo.jpg BPB side.jpg BPB top a.jpg BPB top.jpg BPBclose.jpg BPBcomb.jpg BPBcompl1.jpg BPBfinished.jpg BPBmyreject.jpg BPBside3.jpg BPBside4.jpg BPBtop day.jpg BPBunderside1.jpg

U

user123

You know what's really good about showing my work on here? You guys know about the difficulties with, for example, grouts, this one is all epoxy grout, many of you will be able to appreciate the work involved making it smooth and even and just right, and you know about necessary spacing and things like that, and therefore are so much more able to appreciate what goes into what I do then ordinary folk out there. All of us use the same materials, just in different ways, you inspire me all the time and I hope I can inspire you guys sometimes, too. I do show my work in other places, but the opinions on here mean the most to me, truly. :)

U

user123

all your work is great g,especially miss carp!!!

however this has to be the ultimate peice i have seen so far i really love it

Taste is so very subjective isn't it, Jamie, which makes it nerve wrecking for me every time. A lot of people have said to me that your carp is the best, just trying to fit things to the customer as much as is in my power, I enjoy that bit, too. :) Is your carp in situ yet?

I

Ian

This is so much more than I could have wished for, right from the start I said to G that I would leave the design totally up to her, all I really asked for was a bowl and told her what colours to use (oh and the *** was my idea as well!)!!!!So didn't really give her much to go on! It was also really important to me to go and pick it up and meet Gisela as it gave me the full picture of design/designer and where it was created. I'm very popular at home today! Just to add that if anyone is ever struggling for a gift idea for a friend or loved one, get G to make you something that is very unique and will last a life time, her work is truly fantastic and when I met her it was very obvious how much passion she has for every aspect of her work and life in general. I've got a funny pic to add to this thread when I go onto my phone!

Reply to Bri's Anniversary Mosaic Gift to his wife in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
Apologies if this has even posted before, I just had to share it!! This is a story about a...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
W
Hello, I'm a tiler from Reading. most of my work is kitchen related. One other person who...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
I
Earlier in the year I asked Gisela to commission me a piece as a first anniversary gift to my...
Replies
Views
user123
U
R
Some background first, then my question.... The designer's plans for this bathroom called for a...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.