UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Brothers in Arms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Polishtradesman

my dad was in commando regiment during WW2 and he always said that the Poles were one helluva nation, full of very very brave men and women.

As well as British who have chossen Churchill who has nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. There was lot of people in British goverment who want to make a peace with Nazis but people have choosen fight.

B

bugs183

I turned down a 2000+m2 limestone job because i didn't know enough tilers to get the work done.
A team of Polish guys turned up and did a fantastic job, were very conscientious, and were a pleasure to work alongside.
I feel it is a shame that us Brits give other countries tradesmen a bad name, take a look around the UK, we have our own fair share of rough work to not be proud of!!
I've also climbed with Polish climbers, hard as nails!!

P

Polishtradesman

If it wasnt for the Polish fighter pilots during WW2 then we would never have won the Battle of Britain.

Then at the end of the war we left Poland to it so Stalin could over run their country, Thats gratitude for you.

Tht is true. But I still belive Churchill was a friend of Poland, he knew that Germany were about to discover nuclear weapon, he was afraid, he needed finish the war asap. Stalin was too strong and Roosvelt didnot care about Poland. That how my country has fallen under another occupation for 45 years. Soviet occupation.

D

doug boardley

As well as British who have chossen Churchill who has nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. There was lot of people in British goverment who want to make a peace with Nazis but people have choosen fight.
appeasement was always an option Bartek, luckily for Europe it was never initiated thanks to a brave few government officials that had some backbone,,,also the intervention of the US came in handy too:thumbsup:

P

Polishtradesman

I cannot say how proud I am to have been privileged to help form and lead No. 303 squadron and later to lead such a magnificent fighting force as the Polish Wing. There formed within me in those days an admiration, respect and genuine affection for these really remarkable men which I have never lost. I formed friendships that are as firm as they were those twenty-five years ago and this I find most gratifying. We who were privileged to fly and fight with them will never forget and Britain must never forget how much she owes to the loyalty, indomitable spirit and sacrifice of those Polish fliers. They were our staunchest Allies in our darkest days; may they always be remembered as such!
Britian still remembers and your friendly attitude, it is beatyful feeling. We are friends and hopefully in few year my nation will not be strangers as it was 10 years ago.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Brothers in Arms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.