Discuss Brown floor tiles, grout colour suggestions in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

J

jrm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on what grout colour would work best with the below floor tiles, they are a matt brown rustic effect:

021020.jpg

Can anyone point me to some pics of installations using a similar colour tile? Would ivory work, would lighter colour start looking dirty very quickly? Should I stick to the standard grey?

Thank you :thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

Grey is usually the colour for floors because as you say, they can get dirty quickly. Mapei do various colurs in their Ultracolor Plus range from very pale grey through to brown beige or lots of other colours. I have used their Chocolate colour and it is pleasing in the right situation. See if you can get a sample chart from your supplier and hold it up against the tile to get an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

When I laid my kitchen floor before Christmas, I used BAL's Pebble grout against natural/light beige tiles but sealed the grout to stop mucky dog paws discolouring the grout. But to be honest, after 6 months wear and tear, I can see quite clearly which areas of the kitchen are most used and which are not.

I took a tile to Topps and spent over 30 minutes looking at their grout samples - well I'm a woman, what else do I need to say :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Brown floor tiles, grout colour suggestions in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB