Discuss Builder put on stop ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have been chasing 2 small invoices for the same builder now for a month with a few excuses and promises.
I am not that worried as it is a small amount but its because its a small amount that gets me. I know his other subbies have got paid but I guess thats because they are still on the jobs.

So its come to the point that before I do anymore of these jobs for him he will need to pay and any further work will need paying for on completion .
I cant remember ever having to do this before....but I guess that a good thing ?

T

tfs

Last time I did this it didn't go down very well. I waited three or four months for a few invoices to be paid but had been paid for other jobs promptly during this time. I ended up not working ever again for this client once the bill had been settled. The client was my biggest supplier of work but I saw a different side to his character when I confronted to tell him that I didn't want to complete any other works until the outstanding balances had been settled.

ho[e you get it sorted.

T

Time's Ran Out

Really this is nothing new! Except to you Sir.
If you are not required for a while or it's a one off you are at their whim as to when you get paid, and only if you are needed again or they 'll just go through the Yellow Pages.
Do the next one and I'll sort out your last one - then you find out someone else is getting the work and your into 3 jobs. By the time you sort out the remeasure and quantity surveyors confirmation they've gone bump and they owe you 12k ( I'll show you the 't' shirt!)
kick them into touch and spend your time tiling not chasing money.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I stopped working for Builders / Construction Companies / Trade Commercial about 5 years ago and will never do it again - fed up with 10 % retention for 6 months and paying you 90 % on 120 days.
We now have a very tight terms and conditions document attached to every quotation and we are paid on the last day without fail.

Happy days

Nice to see you on here Richard, not heard from you for a while.

Good advice above. Builders.:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Builder put on stop ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB