UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter Caledonian Tiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Bull Noses... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Caledonian Tiling

Hi,

A shout out here for any of those experianced guys out there, i am have a job
in line to tile 15x15 quarry tiles over large marble stone steps which lead
into an old sand stone style house and also the square vestable area at the
entrance.

My queery was as ive never fitted what ive been advised are named bull noses
as there is a curved lip on the steps, is this a simple case if tiling from the lip
edge back to ensure the bull nose over hangs the edges & make a cut to
slide in behind this so as to create the step finish..?

Daft maybe but would be appreciated just to clarify the process..

Cheers.
icon7.gif

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You're correct.

Start off at the bottom step and tile the face first, then have the bull nose on top of that, then a cut tile behind it, then if there's more steps, repeat the process. The aim is to have all the bull noses on the top-side of the step hanging over the tile that's on the face.... sort-of-thing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The tiles are small 15x15 quarry tiles, and the customer had specified bull noses, other options are always good to know to suggest to customers as an alternative
icon7.gif

Look out for batch differences. When I worked for Topps Tiles we used to sell loads of quarry's with RE's (round edges) and REX's (2 x round edges, for corners) and we had a pain in the arse getting all three tile types for one job in the same colour.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bull Noses... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Hi Guys, I have a contract coming up to replace an existing Marble tiled staircase with new...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all I fancy replacing the tiles on the step on my home i am a plasterer and I've fitted...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
G
Hi All. Been a while since I have posted on here and i trust you are all keeping well. I have...
Replies
Views
Gazebo
G
O
hi, i been out for around a year now with a surgically broken leg and possibly wont get back...
Replies
Views
oldgit
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.