Discuss buy bigger tile cutter or use diamond disk in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

hi there.
iv been asked to tile a bathroom in a few weeks. ( sort of thank you job but will get paid a bit):mad2:
the tiles are 400-450 x 300 i think for the walls and either 600 x600 or 600 x 200 for the floor

my tile cutter is a sigma 2g . i think it will cut 37 cm so that not much good to me .
iv got a good quality diamond disk, could i use this instead of buying a bigger tile cutter.

i am considering buying a bigger sigma ( maybe rubi ) as i will use it again anyway (hopefully anyway)
hiring a small sigma locally is about 30 euro so abig one could be 40-50 a day.
the room is 10 feet by 8 feet so allowing that a normal tiler would take 2-3 days , it could take me 3-4 days as im new to this tiling craic and slower than a pro. at that rate it would be 150-200 for the hire:yikes:.
thats most of the way there to a new cutter (along with the money il get for the job) so it might be worth getting .
i was looking at a sigma that would cut 700mm , and another at 900mmish ( or a 600mm at 45deg)
if im getting a new one i dont want it to be too small

what do you think i should do

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to buy bigger tile cutter or use diamond disk in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB