Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss buying second hand cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

double d

I need to get together my tool kit and as I'm on a budget I've been looking at buying a second hand cutter.

On my course I used a Rubi TR 600-S so ideally this is the cutter I'm after, but I'm worried that an ebay or other second hand cutter could be worn out and only fit for the bin but I'm having doubts about commiting to spending out 400 quid or more on my first tools as I've only ever hung tiles on my course.

I've been looking down the B&Q shed but their one and only cutter looked not all that but the nippers and other small tools seemed to feel ok and its got me thinking that B&Q with its huge buying power, that their tools cant be total crap or can they??

I also been looking at a Clarke 10 piece kit in machine mart priced at £30, its looks like its very much for the DIY market as the cutter doesn't look all that great thou it does have a carbide wheel but I'm thinking as it comes with nippers, tile saw, tile chipping hammer, trowel and a few other bits that it might be ok as a starting point?
I've also seen a similar Rubi kit that comes with pocket 40 cutter for a good price of under 70 quid (it also has two trowels, a grout float, knee pads and some other bits) and was thinking that its not a bad starter kit plus it has that Rubi quality which cant be a bad thing.

provided I get either a TS 600 or a TR 600 once funds allow I could be up and running to do my bathroom and some small family jobs just to get up to speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What to say, if your on a very tight budget buy the best you can at the time, as jobs start coming in and paying, upgrade what you need when you need it, before you know it, you;ll have a proper kit. after all, if all your gonna do is splashbacks in small ceramics etc to start off, why have a TS60 ? if you do get a job that requires a bigger cutter, then it will pay for itself and be a freebie for the rest of it's life.

Good luck, also keep looking on the for sale section, get some great deals at times, I just bought a TX700 the other week :thumbsup:

D

dagger

Roll up! Roll up! last chance to sell or I will give it away, TS60, hardly used £90, no takers?? Car boot next week £3.90. No funnies please, I know its been replaced by a better one but its a damned good bit of kit.
i will take it off you hands diamond!!!

i will give you a tenner, and you have to deliver it personally so i can buy you a pint, plus i would love you to meet my labridor, as i am getting the cutter for him!!!!

best wishes....hope you are well!!

Lee..londoner,cockney and tw..

D

dagger

I thought the ts-60 was a pro standard cutter made by rubi the snap on of the tiling world? by the sounds of it your both saying that they arnt all that good?
Dimond im watching some ts-60's on ebay at the mo but I wouldnt mind your cutter if its at the right price, sadly £90 is a bit over my budget.

not at all...my everyday cutter is a TS60 PLUS...and its the mutts nutts!
PLEASE NOTE THE "PLUS" the one you want is a TS60 PLUS!!!!!!!! not just a ts60....there is a difference!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

I thought the ts-60 was a pro standard cutter made by rubi the snap on of the tiling world? by the sounds of it your both saying that they arnt all that good?
Dimond im watching some ts-60's on ebay at the mo but I wouldnt mind your cutter if its at the right price, sadly £90 is a bit over my budget.

Never mind Lee, he is getting excited, the "snap on" tool for cutting tiles will always be called by its Latin name which is "Rubi" however when you decode the rubi hieroglyphics you will find that they mean "sigma rules"

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

dagger

I'm only thinking Rubi as they where the cutters used on the course run by pts/stc.
I've never seen sigma cutter!

the ts-60 plus has a higher breaking pressure than the normal ts cutters but that's all the difference? all this cutter business is very confusing!
sigmas are good stuff, i dont own one but heard good things, my rubi is soo good i sleep with it at night to stop anyone stealing it...
you need to check them both out, and may be huscovana..thats not spelt right..and even the big clinker....good reports on them all.

but it really is personal preference at the end of the day!!

best wishes

Lee.

Reply to buying second hand cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
buying second hand cutters?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%