Discuss calf strain from running in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

is there any runners in the house ...

i pulled my calf muscle running about 10 days ago...i left it about 5 days and there was no pain, then, i ran again. after 1 mile, it went again. couldnt run, limped home. put it in ice and the next day bruising developed. its beem classed as a category 2 strain. (no rupture) how long should i leave it till i run again? some say 2 weeks, some say a month but i cant stand the thought of a month without a run.

any advice boys and girls??

D

Deleted member 9966

Like Stewart says Ed, physio might be the best way forward. you might have to consider other ways to exercise for the time being, like swimming or even just some good old simple walking. I can't cycle at the moment for obvious reasons and it's killing me watching my husband go out on his bike. And I can't really walk up bank anymore because my stomach muscles are so tight. Swimming is all I have left :cry2:

A

Aston

a personal trainer hey mr ozboz?? and a her too ;0) i could do with some of that....let me know what she recommends.

elizabeth, i'll do as you said and go swimming and take the bike out a bit more but i'll have to go easy on the peddling, ie try and keep my feet flat as they peddle. the minute the toes point downwards, thats when it hurts...

thanks for all the help on this ;0) your a good bunch!!

O

ozboz

Hi Mate, seems you are prob best leave it for two weeks, then try calf raise excercise, see how they go, perhaps advice from sports pys would be good start point, i went to one, I had all sorts of tendon problems about 3 years ago in leg and arms, I did some light weight training for about 6 weeks and all went away was 20 sobs well spent !! this latest bit is due as I said because of type 2, muscle wasting and circulation can be a prob if left, and it costs nowt, good friend of mine, hope yo sort it anyway mate !!

P

Prem Tiler

If its a tear ( gone all black and blue) then leave well alone. Take arnica, Ice and drink lost of water. If its just DOMS then rest for a couple of weeks then make sure your warm before any streching. walk for atleast 15 mins before you do any running/jogging. Calfs are prone to tear on trainers that rush in to it because there over using there lower legs and not the primary muscles above the knee. Its kills I know. Good luck with it.

A

Aston

cheers prem ;0)

i dont stretch first, havent done since starting mma excercises in 2006. i think i did the damage doing calf raises too heavy. then when i went on the run, after a mile, it went. just been to jjb / dw sports because they are closing down in hunts cross liverpool... everything is buy one, get one free, so i bought a golds gym 15kg disc for £19-00p (he also made a mistake on the price too ;0) and got the other one free..carried them to the car but i have aggrivated the little barstewd again. it gone sore now!!!! lol why do we bother training hey ;0)

its black and yellow at the moment so the bloods getting cleared up by whatever eating it. i reckon 2-3 weeks the way im going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to calf strain from running in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I'm toying around with some of the colours around the site to make it easier to read and keep...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
calf strain from running
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.