Discuss can anybody tell me in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Not knocking Daves point, but i've never had any hassle with the height adjustment on my Monto.
As Sir says the abilty to set the gauge and move it out the way is really useful, i find mine accurate and cuts everything.
I used to use Rubi all the time, but after buying a TS60+ and having the wheels wear out and the rails flex i went to Montolit, i'd never go back to the TS range now.
But i've not tried the Sigma or the the Rubi TX ranges.

D

Dan s

I've not long ago got a master puma (had enough of my old ts60 )and I like it but think in hind site I should have gone sigma, the pumas ok but a bit heavy handed in the break and can crush tiles I find needs a pair of grips to tighten the looking nut so u can set and forget it and a short sharp tap on the bar
i need a smaller cutter to replace my last remaining rubi so I'll get a sigma next:thumbsup:

A

Aston

i've had montolit and sigma and tbo, there's not much between them.
both single rail cutters with the same breaking action. both italian. montolit were around before sigma so i suppose sigma have emulated there design but all in all both do a good job..if you put a gun to my head, id say sigma because they are a bit more robust in certain areas ie the support bar, the breaker and the fact you can remove the measuring bar when in transit makes it more compact.

sup2-L.jpg Although use Rubi I have two of these Superior cutters made in the USA have had them since 1975 and still going strong this model cuts up to 250mm, to get a new one with shipping tax it works out about the same price as the small Sigma so would rather get the latter.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to can anybody tell me in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
The tiler has finished the grouting and didn't say that there were any problems with the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can anyone help me find these tiles! I recently bought a house and unbeknown to me the...
Replies
Views
Jamie e
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB