Discuss Can anyone take me on 4 days a week? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

how could it be NVQ if he is not working in the industry.

If I knew I wouldn't have asked. I live in Ireland where things are different thou in saying that, I have nvq level 1 and 2 for welding and fabricating from my time living in the north of ireland and I earned them without working in the industry ;)

So what is it level 2 he's doing anyway if it ain't an nvq

H

Handyeire

Get out if you don't like it - life's too short and your attitude will come through to your customers.
I'am in my 60's and I still get a great deal of pleasure creating something different.
Cant understand some people just plodding through life, and my son says I'am miserable !!

I enjoy my work also but I'm not of the illusion that its the best job there is and it doesn't take its toll on the body but in saying that, it does beat sitting in an office all day.

W

WetSaw

Having seen some of TJ's work I can see that he takes enormous pride and clearly takes pleasure from his work, as would I if I was capable of such magic! If you can work yourself into the position where you can choose what jobs you want to do, rather than having to do, is the key to a happy work life balance. I'm on the verge of dropping a client. I do need the money but I don't need the grief and stress they give me.
Hope the OP gets where he wants to be.

D

Dash J

Having seen some of TJ's work I can see that he takes enormous pride and clearly takes pleasure from his work, as would I if I was capable of such magic! If you can work yourself into the position where you can choose what jobs you want to do, rather than having to do, is the key to a happy work life balance. I'm on the verge of dropping a client. I do need the money but I don't need the grief and stress they give me.
Hope the OP gets where he wants to be.

im also in the same boat re clients,I have let 5 go this year already,total hassle,poorly prepped jobs,late payments,no answer on phone,going to a pub to get paid off of one
nah not for me anymore
as you say pdc if you can pick and choose your jobs they are enjoyable ones
the ones where you have free reign on them to do them properly
unfortunately they are not very often,maybe when I'm in my sixties and slowing down I will prob look back and think it not a bad number
as of the here and now I don't enjoy it,not so much the tiling it's all the other crap that goes along with it mainly sub contractors
I honestly think it's one of the hardest professions to make a decent standard of living at
i know prices are relative to different areas but up here in glasgow you would have to tile a stupid amount to make a decent pay
i have pride in my work and pride in being professional
i still don't think its the best by a long shot

cheers. Marc

W

White Room

As ive been told by many, if your determined to do well and put effort in, you will get where you want, tiling is a great trade and im going to carry on trying to make it work

There a guy on here who persevered for about a year (Mr Tea Bag) and he took a bit flack at times but fair do's he stuck to his guns and now works for a tiling company.

M

Mr Tiler

There a guy on here who persevered for about a year (Mr Tea Bag) and he took a bit flack at times but fair do's he stuck to his guns and now works for a tiling company.

yup, tilings a great trade to get into mate its just finding someone to take you on, i got my job purely by chance but have been doing it 12 months now and wouldnt change it for anything thank god il never have to be depressed about going to work every day of the week lol... hope it goes as well for you as it has me. but its a long slow road so get used to calling every tiler in brum for work every few weeks until one gives in lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can anyone take me on 4 days a week? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB