Guest viewing is limited

Discuss can I connect my laptop to TV? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

yes you can but you will need a new sound card to get the sound through the telly i think

im not a tekki or trekki but we go our photos through it and its great
:mad2::mad2: there lies my answer, I wanted to listen to toonz threads through telly as the head phone port in my laptop has "collapsed" and I believe to rectify this I'd need a new sound card for my lappie:mad2:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

wireless connection to the tv now that sounds great:thumbsup: how do you do this and whats a dongle thingy ??

mate it look's like a usb stick and you plug it into your internet capable tv and it allows you to receive wireless internet. Otherwise you have to hard wire it and have wire's trailing to the tv. Of course if your internet connection is near the tv then wires don't really matter. A dongle is about £50 in Comet, so you can probably get one cheaper on line. You also have to make sure the dongle is the same brand as the tv as there isn't a universal one that will work. Hope that helps

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Even before HDMI, you may have a 16pin (so to plug in a normal PC monitor in) and most newer flat screen TV's have the ability to be a monitor, so have the 16pin female end (or male, whatever it is). I connect mine from time to time when showing a few people a website or whatever. Useful. :)

Best thing to do for speakers though, is simply connect speakers to the laptop. I have dolby 5.1 surround sound for the PC, they can connect to the laptop but I never really bother.

And hats off to you for trying to increase volume - ALWAYS THE WAY TO GO THAT IS MATE! - ONLY IF WE ALL DID IT haha :smilewinkgrin::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to can I connect my laptop to TV? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
can I connect my laptop to TV?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.