Discuss Can I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Can I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? Discussion ThreadCan I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? Electrical Advice

Good evening hope everyone is well,

I am finishing up a rewire and have run a bunch of alarm cables to under the stairs where the fuseboard will also be. I ran a ev ultra cable to future proof the installation.

I have only run one cat5e cable for internet from where the router will be to the under stairs area and my question is…

off of that one cat5 cable can I make it off into an rj45 socket around where the ev ultra cable would be made off and then from the back of the rj45 socket terminate another cat5 up to the alarm panel so that it can be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable?

Like a radial circuit with 2 sockets

Can I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Can I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Can I have multiple rj45 sockets off of one cat5 cable? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond