Discuss Can I put UFH heating over resin shower tray & plywood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bucks.

Hi Guys (1st time post)

I am about to embark on a wet room project on our house,
The room is 1.8m x 1.6m, we are planning on using some sort of resin shower tray possibly 1200mm x 1200mm Marmox showerstone or Tuff 2, building up the surrounding floor with plywood to get the floor flush with the tray.
So my question is can we put UFH over the shower tray & the plywood, we are not using insulation boards or a foam shower tray due to possible point load issues with 2" mosaics,
The floor is floorboards on joists, so I plan to insulate between the joists with kingspan.

Any help & advice would be much appreciated.

B

Bucks.

Thanks again for the replies,
Mouldy the Impey system is not going to be suitable for us, as you cant trim much of the trays (we have a corner to cut out 6"x4") the tuff2 says it can be trimmed & cut, not sure on the Marmox showerstone.
I'm not looking for an easy anyone can do diy kit, I am wanting the best possible job that will last pretty much forever, which I am more than capable of doing, once I iron out all the ins & outs if you get my gist.

T

tfs

Do Devimat actualy say that the 150 should not be used with ply?

Different manuafacturer have different specs for for there products. I know that climatech sold at TG sell a 150w mat and also a 250w mat. They dont say that the either shoud't be used on timber substrates.

Generally the higher wattage is to be used for floors with less insulation and areas which could include conservatories example.

Also timber does offer insulation to an extent (thicker the better)

This is also why I cant stress enough that advice should be taken from manufacturers when unsure as products are made/ designed with different materials and with different capabilities so what works with one product may not work with a similar product manufactured somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Can I put UFH heating over resin shower tray & plywood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Can I put UFH heating over resin shower tray & plywood?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.