UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss can i use solvent based silicone with Mapegum & Mapeband? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tom1976

Hello again,
Have used mapegum and mapeband over plaster lwith the all in tub kit that contains a mapei primer also. now at the point of sealing the wall and wall-batth, wall-ceiling joints.....with what?
i know mapie do their solvent free silicone sealant but cannot find (from their site or their product spec docs) whether i will damage the band or tanking with the everyday silicones?
no doubt this is a known fact, but i have tried to find the answer from previous posts, but no joy....? any help gratfully received from a weary diyer.... thanks. tom

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to can i use solvent based silicone with Mapegum & Mapeband? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
I can't find anyone who can tell me, including the technical guy at Mapei. I've heard that...
Replies
Views
mattle40
M
S
Trying to figure out how to fix a leak problem which seems to stem from a badly tiled shower...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
D
I have some expensive quartz gem conglomerate floor tiles, made by Compaq (a Spanish company)...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.