UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Can someone answer this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

Hi i have been wondering how and why for a couple of days!.....

Grout is not waterproof, water makes adhesive mushy and tiles come off.....swimming pool?

there is a certain tiles out now that is very fashonable to have in non wet areas im not sure of the name but its like small probs 50mm x 200mm or could be in 3....you dont grout this type,, looks like rock/stone stuck out all different....very stylish....

Why cant this be in a wet area?........sorry if thats all confusing but i just dont get it!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
cheers for the reply's guys, so in a wet room other than soap getting into the butt joints what else would be bad about these? lets say if they were of a sandstone colour?..i just wish i knew the name of them!....they are my favourite tile atm

What does the colour matter. Is this your own wetroom you are doing?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Im thinking of doing my own wetroom with these tiles but researching before hand.....it wouldnt reach the gypsum as i would use the schutler system

Hi mate, butt joints with no grout are a big no no, google capillary action or capillary attraction. Water will be drawn into ungrouted joints, I have used the slips you mention and grouted them, then sealed the tiles/joints. Water ingress will eventually cause problems, even with tanking systems. Better safe than sorry imo.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

If this is the tile yes,

Attachments

• slate 3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 54
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can someone answer this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.