Discuss Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi all can anyone advise me on is it ok to resin fill mitred ceramic subway if so any tips would be appreciated as this will be my first time using this method.also is this the right product to use ,think trim is ugly
image.jpg

You only need trim when walls cannot be straightened ie external corners,no one mitres
cuts these days just as ugly as trim, and tiles that have glazed edges dont seem to exist anymore.
The only option left is to colour in the tile edge
using acrylic paint.This method gives the tiling a natural look.Trim dates a job where as no trim
keeps the natural look.

I've never tried it with ceramics. I think you might see the glaze/biscuit line?
Worth a shot though I'd say.
I've only ever resin filled full-bodied porcelain and more lately, thin porcelains.
Turned out ok for a first timer lol you were right the biscuit started to show so had to sand lightly

FC82A54E-032E-48F5-8575-91FDE995EB0C.jpeg C3A2BE2D-CE7D-405B-8535-D63823D3E89A.jpeg 2E1DFE5B-912A-4366-BE45-FCD49322A0A7.jpeg

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Love this...
Can you run through the process please?
Vanity frame was made out of wood and ply. I took measurements for limestone, allowing for mitres. Stuck 1 inch masking tape to edge where mitres are (on face of panel ). First fitted top piece using clear silicone, then all other pieces on silicone , but at the same time with plenty of cream stone glue on mitred part. (Have to push two panels really tide ,so excess stone glue will come out and masking tape will protect face of stone ). When all pieces glued together, just use polisher starting with pads 120, then 220 and 400( depend on stone finish. For high polished marble, you would need to go up to 1000 ) . And when all polishing is done , seal stone with stain stop.

Reply to Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB