Discuss Can you tile on top of these tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
05112010595.jpg This was the customers first question :yikes:!!! My 6th sense told me not to go out quoting tonight. The tennants only moved out 2 days ago and the landlord was not happy to find the bathroom in such a state. Water had been leaking through that slight gap in the tiles (created when 7 tiles fell off the wall in about 2005!) The whole house was damp and full of mould. The previous tiler did not even quote for the work. The landlord was even thinking about keeping the blue/green bath & basin. I did not mean to be rude but I had to laugh in his face. He showed me the toilet in the next room and that was in a worse state. This bloke wants 2 quotes. One for just the tiling and one for the tiling & plumbing. As I was going I remarked that his porch step need retiling. He said 'Oh yes I forgot, can you quote for that too?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Whats the rest of the house like....

The front doorstep had wonky/missing tiles.
The hall had about 20% of the ceiling missing, and it had mould on the walls.
The bathroom was the worst I have ever seen
The toilet had no seat and the water was brown.

Thinking about it...................my tiling rate has suddenly gone up to £400 a day!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
landlords.....dont you just luv um..........my bathrooms a complete mess can make it all perfect and all i want to pay you is £20 a day.......or just botch it up so i can rent it out and get my £600 a month!.........i looked at one last week that had mushrooms growing in the bathroom the mould was the worst i'd ever seen and the guy that was renting it was a doctor.

S

SandyFloor

I think we've all come across these guys with rentals. The only one I do any work for only tiles the floors. For the showers his joiner puts laminate panels in. I don't like the stuff personally but it's practical for the purpose and lasts for years with little maintenance.

As for the others looking to make a silk purse from a sow's ear for pocket money I avoid having never had a pleasant experience from any of them.

Reply to Can you tile on top of these tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Sean Kelly

Arms
TF
Ruislip

Thread Information

Title
Can you tile on top of these tiles?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.